About Me

My photo
I am a wife to an awesome husband and a mom to 2 cute kids, 3 & 1. I love finding creative things to try, both with my 3 year old and on my own. It's hard to find time to be crafty between wife and mother duties, but when I find the time... it's a craftiful life! I hope some of the projects I write about will inspire you to have a craftiful life too!

Monday, November 8, 2010

When you can't find it... make it!

I've always been one to just buy something instead of making it... mostly because I know I'll never end up getting around to making it.  Lately, however, I've become inspired and have decided that when I can't find exactly what I'm looking for... I should just make it!  It's amazing what a sense of accomplishment it gives you! :) 

Wall art is especially hard for me to find... for some reason... maybe I'm just too picky???  Anyway, since I have a handy dandy Cricut, I've decided to put it to work and create a few wall art pieces that are pretty quick and easy. 

One picture was inspired by House By Numbers canvas art.  I liked the canvas art idea and verse so I took the idea and changed it up a bit... of course the Cricut was my best friend on this one.





Another quick project I created was for my bathroom.  I needed some art that was black, white, red and grey and moisture proof... pretty hard to find!  I had a black clear picture frame already, so I just cut out some circles and voila... new bathroom art!  

The Finished Product

My inspiration came from the shower curtain

3 comments:

  1. These are both super cool Danae! Good crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - totally love yours more than mine. Lovin' the Cricut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Danae. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete